mv northern venture

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: mv northern venture

Unread post by Guest »

badger wrote: July 22, 2023, 3:10 am where was the video with scott bravener at the christening taken? china or japan?
China
J Kerwin

Unread post by J Kerwin »

Denny the call sign is VDAK and MMSI is 316052496. Her official Canada number is 846732.
badger

Unread post by badger »

where was the video with scott bravener at the christening taken? china or japan?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks both Mr. Link and Mr. Lafferty as that’s just what I was looking for and more from both you guys! You two are the best and at the top of my list when it comes to any type of questions or information. Thanks again to both Mr. Link and Mr. Lafferty again for your help as I appreciate your help and info.
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

Mr. Link is correct. Launched 16 January 1998 at Akitsu, Japan, by Shin Kurushima Dockyard Co., Ltd., hull number 2965, as Asia Cement No. 7 for U-Ming Transportation Corporation, Keelung, Taipei. It was built as a dedicated limestone carrier.

https://maritimemag.com/en/mckeil-marin ... v-da-shen/

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote: July 20, 2023, 10:44 am What is its IMO Number and Call Sign along with its length, width and year built? I’m not finding any information thus far on them.
It's been on McKeil's website for over a year, it's not hard to find.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

I think this was the vessel converted:

Former names: Da Shen and Asia Cement No. 7

IMO 9167681

155m by 22m by 12.6m

Built 1998

https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/515398
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

What is its IMO Number and Call Sign along with its length, width and year built? I’m not finding any information thus far on them.

mv northern venture

Unread post by guest »

the northern venture will be mckeils 1st venture into the selfunloader business. the name northern venture use to be a ULS sraight decker name. and LLT manitoulin a former CSL selfunloader name. with scott bravener at LLT when the manitoulin came out and now at mckeil for the northern venture is there a trend developing here? just saying. putting all aside when is the mv northern venture expected to be in operation on the lakes?