ss norisle

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
badger

Re: ss norisle

Unread post by badger »

your correct but it is a helpful to the towing tug to determine if the tow is taking on water. there is no riding crew on the vessel being towed

Unread post by Guest »

badger wrote: October 12, 2023, 3:45 pm todays photo of the norisle at MRC in port colborne clearly shows the white towing line painted on the bow at the waterline.
And? What is the fixation with the line? There is no specific regulation that it's required, it's just good practice and may be a condition of the MWS.
badger

Unread post by badger »

todays photo of the norisle at MRC in port colborne clearly shows the white towing line painted on the bow at the waterline.
GreatLaker

Unread post by GreatLaker »

Either that or for weather. Maybe both. There's a nor'wester coming in

Unread post by guest »

i see they are stopped in windsor, perhaps to allow the crew to get home for thanksgiving and carry onto MRC on tuesday. just a thought
hayhugh

Unread post by hayhugh »

White line is to show if the vessel is taking on water without going on board and sounding tanks!
Mn bob

Unread post by Mn bob »

There was a white line painted on the blough when they towed it from sturgeon bay to conneaut.
badger

Unread post by badger »

there is a short video of the ss norisle being towed from manitoulin island by the mckeil tug eccose, on the CTV news report. you can see the white line on the bow at the waterline, so it is a canadian requirement for scap tows. so if you people in conneault see a white line painted on thr blouugh you will know its headed for MRC in port colborne!

Unread post by guest »

the tow has begun, perhaps they will meet the m.s. chicheemaun some time today. also the cuyahoga is out and running again.
badger

Unread post by badger »

the ecosse is in sarnia right now so it makes sense. years ago i saw the ecosse in st john's newfoundland. she was the R&L then owned by wakehams from hamilton, ontario

Unread post by Guest »

I just saw a comment the tug will be the Ecosse.
ejawac6n

ss norisle

Unread post by ejawac6n »

does any one know the name of the tug which will towing the norisle to be scrapped at MRC? i doubt it will be the molly m1 as she is corrently in sept illes