Northern Venture

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
ashland69

Re: Northern Venture

Unread post by ashland69 »

It's Wednesday morning and the Venture is upbound on Lake Erie heading for Pelee Passage.
guest-ashland69

Unread post by guest-ashland69 »

Guest wrote: February 26, 2024, 8:18 am She must be heading out soon. I see the Risley is up breaking trail across the North Channel in Georgian Bay this morning.
Sam Risley is up near Bruce Mines early Monday (Feb 26) afternoon.

Unread post by Guest »

She must be heading out soon. I see the Risley is up breaking trail across the North Channel in Georgian Bay this morning.
guest-ashland69

Unread post by guest-ashland69 »

Today is, I believe day 8, that Northern venture has been in Ashtabula. Are they actually loading something or are they maybe tied up for the rest of winter?

Unread post by Guest »

I believe at one point someone had mentioned that the Northern Venture was actually loading coke not coal. I think the destination is Thessalon Ontario. This load and delivery point is in relation to an industrial incident at Algoma Steel which is hindering their ability to produce their own coke for the steel making process. This load will replace that lost tonnage required and will have to be trucked into Sault Ste. Marie from Thessalon. Normally the steel plant in the past has had materials delivered into Soo Michigan but at this time that area to dock and unload is currently under construction and is unavailable for use at this time.

Northern Venture

Unread post by Guest »

I see she has been in Ashtubula loading coal for 5 days now. I thought only coal loading ports at this ports on Lake Erie are Sandusky, Buffalo, and Toledo. It looks like portable conveyors loading her. Any idea why this coal is being loaded in Astubula?