Mark W.Barker

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Guest Jon Paul

Re: Mark W.Barker

Unread post by Guest Jon Paul »

The Wilfred Sykes ran 3 shuttles from CBT up river in the first week of April last year
ashland69

Unread post by ashland69 »

Denny wrote: February 26, 2024, 5:05 pm It could be? I seem to recall years ago before they built the Mark W. Barker that I thought the Herbert C. Jackson may have done a few ore shuttles early? Sorry if I’m incorrect on my information if I’m wrong here. Can anyone confirm if I’m correct or not on this? Thanks.
Yes, Denny, I remember the Jackson doing some shuttles a number of years ago.

Unread post by Guest »

I remember the Herbert C. Jackson running early Ore shuttles in Cleveland
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

It could be? I seem to recall years ago before they built the Mark W. Barker that I thought the Herbert C. Jackson may have done a few ore shuttles early? Sorry if I’m incorrect on my information if I’m wrong here. Can anyone confirm if I’m correct or not on this? Thanks.
guest-ashland69

Mark W.Barker

Unread post by guest-ashland69 »

It's very early Monday morning and I see the Barker is near Pelee Island and enroute to Cleveland Bulk Terminal. Looks like the shuttle run is getting back into operation. If I'm not mistaken, this early sailing has been the work of the Dorothy Ann/Pathfinder for several years. With the Barker sailing early, could this mean changes are in store for the Pathfinder?