Boland’s new stack logo

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Attawandaron

Re: Boland’s new stack logo

Unread post by Attawandaron »

As the founder of Lower Lakes Towing, I find it quite interesting to learn that my mother was indigenous:)

The stack emblem and names honoured the original navigators of the Great Lakes. The indigenous peoples of the Great Lakes region.

Unread post by guest »

The man who started lower lakes towing his mother was a native North American Indian
Geest

Unread post by Geest »

Surprised they are still using that logo with public backlash against similar symbols being what it is these days.
Mn bob

Unread post by Mn bob »

Hopefully they leave the color black and white looks a little more appealing than the gray. Although the michipicoten looks good in the gray color!

Unread post by Guest »

When they going to be putting their stack logos on the Sam Laud , American Courage American Mariner and H Lee White.

Unread post by Guest »

When they going to be painting the gray hull colors.
Denny

Boland’s new stack logo

Unread post by Denny »

Noticed today a photo of the John J. Boland and its new stack logo the Native American Indian now applied to its stack recently! The photo is in todays Port Reports. Before, the Boland had just the GRN stack colors only for a few seasons without the Indian as far as the logo goes. I would expect that the American Courage, American Mariner, Sam Laud and the H. Lee White will also be receiving the Indian head logo on their stacks as well this year? Although I think ASC leased those 5 ships a few seasons ago to GRN, I wonder If in time perhaps in 2025 we may see them in gray hull colors and maybe new names as well? Time will tell. Better get all the pictures you can then before any further changes.