Algoma Niagara

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
ashland69

Re: Algoma Niagara

Unread post by ashland69 »

ashland69 wrote: March 8, 2024, 11:34 pm It looks like the Algoma Niagara may be in layup now.
It appears the Intrepid may have joined her in layup at Goderich.
ashland69

It looks like the Algoma Niagara may be in layup now.
ashland69

Isee that Algoma Intrepid is anchored in the Sarnia anchorage along with Iver Bright. Algoma Niagara is at the Straits heading for Chicago. MAYBE the Intrepid is the one heading into layup.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

It could be one of the two questions that you had asked and mentioned in your post. First, they may not have updated their AIS? Also, a possible storage load of salt cannot be ruled out! I recall just a few short years ago that an Algoma ship indeed laid-up in Sarnia with a storage load of salt which then I thought was very strange and odd as I never seen or heard of this happening then beforehand. Sorry as I can’t recall what Algoma ship it was then however, it was one of the new 740s and was not the Algoma Innovator or the Algoma Intrepid for certain!
Syd bc

Algoma Niagara

Unread post by Syd bc »

Was watching her heading down Lake Huron Destination Sarnia I assumed for lay up Then saw her head into Goderich At the salt dock now but still showing Sarnia destination Is she taking salt there or could it be a storage load Or have they just not up dated their destination