Algoma Bear

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Algoma Bear

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote: March 21, 2024, 7:49 am Am I missing something here? I understand its a big ocean but I've been regularly searching for it and it has never shown up anywhere for me at least.
Yes, you need to upgrade to a satellite based AIS subscription to track vessels across the ocean. Shore based systems systems miss a lot. Although various shore based systems (other than Marine Traffic) did pick up the Algoma Bear in February as it went past the Philippines. Left the Batangas Anchorage on February 24, showing an ETA to Panama of April 6th. That ETA has likely changed in the past 27 or so days since they transmitted it.

Re: Algoma Bear

Unread post by Guest »

Yet the AIS for the Algoma Bear has not pinged since back in December of 2023 and a search shows it never left Taiching. Am I missing something here? I understand its a big ocean but I've been regularly searching for it and it has never shown up anywhere for me at least.
Kymosobbie

Algoma Bear

Unread post by Kymosobbie »

Latest location of the BEAR ... 1200 miles south of the Hawaiian islands
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-20 4.18.53 PM.png