Algoma Endurance updates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Algoma Endurance updates

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Andy for the updates and your information. Very much and greatly appreciated as you were a big and huge help! I did not know that her original name was Algoma Endurance and that it was changed to the Algoma Endeavour. Yes, I too am very much looking forward to the Algoma Bear and the Algoma Endeavour’s arrivals and can’t wait to see and photograph them both on the St. Clair River in 2024. It’s sort of ironic so far as the John D. Leitch remains in lay up at Owen Sound! I wonder then will she sail in 2024 or is she done and finished and they are just waiting for the Algoma Endeavour to arrive later in 2024 then? By the way, nice and great photo of the Algoma Endeavour. Thanks for sharing it here with all of us.
algowest

Re: Algoma Endurance updates

Unread post by algowest »

Denny-
Believe you're referring to the Algoma Endeavour. Original name Algoma listed for this ship was Endurance, but now it's Endeavour.
Launched Feb 19, 2024, and article mentions a June 2024 completion estimate. If that occurs, expect mid/end July arrival?
Post launch picture attached.
Looking forward to her arrival soon after Bear arrives!
Thanks,
Andy
Attachments
Algoma Endeavour_post launch_Feb 19, 2024_Edi Stanisavljevic.jpg
Denny

Algoma Endurance updates

Unread post by Denny »

Any new or further updates on the Algoma Endurance? She was launched in Croatia earlier this year and there was video of her launching on You Tube I think it was, along with news and photos mentioned here also. There were also rumors and talks mentioned that she is to be a forward mounted self-unloading laker at 740 X 78 and that she could replace the John D. Leitch possibly which is still laid up in Owen Sound and has yet to sail this season. Any information, news, photos and updates are appreciated. Thanks in advance as well.