Welland Canal Lock 7

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Steamboater

Re: Welland Canal Lock 7

Post by Steamboater »

The 2 May 7 guest responses to the seemingly defunct Welland Canal lock 7 webcam situation seem to be plausible.
The upgrades at the Thorold Tourist Centre including a refreshed webcam at lock 7 will be terrific. Let’s hope for a short timeline on this and this is indeed what is going on there.

Post by Guest »

I sent an email to the 'contact us' on the city of Thorold website, this was the response.

The City is working on re-developing the Thorold Tourism website which will include a new camera viewing Lock 7. Unfortunately I don’t have a timeline on when that new site will be launching, however I do believe that it is close to completion and the City just has a couple of other details to sort out before it goes online.

Post by guest »

Nothing to do with the seaway as the camera is on the Thorold visitors center building.
They're doing some painting there.
Steamboater

Post by Steamboater »

I have sent messages through the Comments section of that OGS website. No action! Been trying to think of who would be in charge of that cam. Maybe Seaway Authority? Been off since March 29 or so! Sailed through there all the time in the ‘60’s on the Esso boats. Real good closeups of the ships! Miss it big Time! Need to keep pestering them!!
C Wilson

Post by C Wilson »

The cam link appears to be down. I think that YouTube changes the URL and so their site has to keep up with it.
That webcam has been around now for several years. As far as I know there are no other cams for the Welland.
I wish they'd get that cam back up and working!!
Kymosobbie

Post by Kymosobbie »

Denny

Post by Denny »

I ca t answer that sorry today however, I did not even know there was a web camera set up at Lock 7 of the Welland Canal. Can anyone point me and provide the website or link to access this camera? Is Lock 7 the only area and location at the Welland Canal that has a web camera set up or are there other areas and locations? Thanks.

Welland Canal Lock 7

Post by Guest »

Why has the webcam at Lock 7 in the Welland not been working?