Carl D Bradley

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Lou Gerard

Re: Carl D Bradley

Unread post by Lou Gerard »

I recieved and read the book "Wreck of the Carl D." by Michael Schumacher this week in memory of her sinking. A very good book about fighting for survival, the families of the crew members in Rogers City and how mean the lakes can be at this time of year.
Randy S

Unread post by Randy S »

You might try the Great Lakes Lore Museum in Rogers City - http://www.gllmm.com/contactUs.htm
Jake d

Unread post by Jake d »

Those are most likely the initials of the elites in the Company. Check if one of the captains or execs have those initials.
standuffer

Unread post by standuffer »

I have a Carl D. Bradley wood, carved wall hanging. It was most likely presented to my grandfather (Reginald) when he either moved from Rogers City in the early 50’s when the Bradley and Pittsburgh fleets merged or when he retired as fleet engineer in the late 50’s after more than 30 years service. The wall hanging is 30”x14” is signed by E. D. Does anyone know anything about E. D., or has anyone seen any similar artwork? Where do you think I can find some information about something like this and if you have any experience in this type of item, what do you think something like this is worth? TIA, John Stanbrook
Rick

Carl D Bradley

Unread post by Rick »

A moment to remember the loss of the Carl D Bradley November 18th 1958.