Former tug Green Bay on Ebay

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Randy S

Re: Former tug Green Bay on Ebay

Unread post by Randy S »

I received an email from the person who posted that YouTube collage. He stated: "She was sold for 4,050 new owner will be bring her in for repairs and new paint I got new video with pics of the engine room." Here is the link to the new "video" that contains additional photos -
TWilush

Unread post by TWilush »

guest wrote:Any idea the name of the grey hull ship in tow of tug Green Bay at the start of the U-Tube video? TIA
John G. Munson.

Unread post by guest »

Any idea the name of the grey hull ship in tow of tug Green Bay at the start of the U-Tube video? TIA
Iroquois

Unread post by Iroquois »

That is the top of a hatch that leads down to the foc'sle where storage and some crew bunks are located. That device is the way to open and secure the very heavy hatch in the open position.
Randy S

Unread post by Randy S »

Tom wrote:I am familier with the tug but have a question. I can't remeber what the lever in front of the pilot house was for? In the most recent picture it is black. I remeber it as grey. It is right in front of the wheelhouse and looks to be on top of a box. I remeber she had a steerinf stick and not a wheel. Would this have to do with her steering
Thanks
Tom
There is a good shot of the mystery object at 2:04 in this video -
Tom

Unread post by Tom »

I am familier with the tug but have a question. I can't remeber what the lever in front of the pilot house was for? In the most recent picture it is black. I remeber it as grey. It is right in front of the wheelhouse and looks to be on top of a box. I remeber she had a steerinf stick and not a wheel. Would this have to do with her steering
Thanks
Tom
Randy S

Unread post by Randy S »

I took a look at the YouTube video - Have to wonder if there is anything left in the Pilot House, especially with the front windows missing.
Timerover51

Unread post by Timerover51 »

That would be an interesting tug to use on the Lakes.
Green Bay

Former tug Green Bay on Ebay

Unread post by Green Bay »

Former tug Green Bay, Iroquois, Alaska, Grouper is up for auction on ebay. Be a shame if another of this class was cut up for for scrap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1912-tug ... Motorboats