Fishing Tug Noskca-J

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Fishing Tug Noskca-J

Unread post by Guest »

I didn't realize that the boat pictured here was a new build. I just assumed with the name that it was the original Noskca J that had been rebuilt. I didn't mean to confuse anyone if I did.
fish tugz

Unread post by fish tugz »

This tug is a new-build from Hike Metal in 1990. The original Noskca-J was sold by Art Grayling to an American buyer. She was converted for pleasure use, and keeping with tradition of the tug's name, was renamed "Nodleks"- backwards for her owner's last name- Skeldon.

Unread post by Guest »

I worked on this boat in the late 60's. At that time it was owned by by Art Grayling who lived and fished out of Port Stanley. At that time it was about 40 feet long and was a typical one man operation boat. Don't know if Grayling bought it from Jacksons or not. I has been totaly rebuilt from the keel up since then. I think originally it had a 6 cylinder gas engine in it.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Built by Hike Metal Products in 1990. Transport Canada
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/4/v ... efault.htm
has the basics, but doesn't give engine details.

Unread post by Guest »

Don t know too many particulars except that she was built for the Jackson Bros. hence the name,which is Jackson spelled backwards.
Northup

Fishing Tug Noskca-J

Unread post by Northup »

Could anyone provide me with information on this fishing tug?
Year built, engine and length..etc
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Fishtug.jpg